Posting Note: Are you a marketing leader who excels in a fast-paced environment? Looking to join an amazing team in a nonprofit environment, supporting a best of children’s hospital? We are seeking an experienced and highly effective marketing expert and leader to join the growing Marketing and Communications Team within the Phoenix Children’s Foundation. The director’s main goals are to lead the development to execution of strategic marketing plans on behalf of the organization, with an emphasis on branding and complex initiatives, media buying, and public relations, as well as oversee the account services team. The person in this role will have a variety of marketing skillsets and knowledge of best practices on what permeates for greatest results, affinity and activation of donors, and can work collaboratively with creative, digital, direct response team members and functions. The director will work in partnership with MarCom leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure highest degrees of success in delivering effective outcomes, and oversee the project management side of the department for efficiency and continuous process improvement. Being able to successfully manage external vendors and service providers, including but not limited to public relations, consulting firms, media buyers, and others, to fully leverage those services in alignment with internal strategic plans and goals, is essential. Seeking a solutions-oriented problem-solver and marketing leader, who enjoys managing complex projects and fostering win-win partnerships.
Working in close collaboration with the Vice President (VP), the Director of Foundation Development designs and executes on a comprehensive development strategy for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The Director oversees and executes on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts. This position also forms and manages the Phoenix Children’s Foundation development team, and reports directly to the Vice President.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- * Cultivates existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources, and access to services.
- * Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
Team Management and Development:
- * Develops and implements a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- * Implements a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- * Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- * Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
- * Recruits, hires, and oversees training and orientation of all staff members.
Design Development Strategy:
- * Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
Form and Manage Development Team:
- * Works with the VP and senior leadership team to form a Development Team.
- * Oversees Development Team and identifies staffing needs for campaigns and ongoing development.
- * Conducts research, prospecting, and applications to multiple donor sources.
- * Manages capital campaigns, engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms as necessary.
- * Oversees ongoing development efforts.
Build a Robust Donor Base:
- * Develops and maintains key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
Communicate and Train:
- * Trains and mentors Development Staff and communicates fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.