This position performs invasive cardiovascular procedures to produce consistently high quality examinations in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Prepares and sets up Cath Lab for procedures and organizes sterile areas, instruments, and equipment in accordance with established procedure, department, and physician requirements and standards. Participates in restocking and room turnover between and after cases.
Procedure preparation and communication
- Reviews requirements of patient, physician, and procedure requirements to assess set-up, equipment, and supply needs. Communicates with procedural team to provide for thorough preparedness.
Assists procedures and imaging
- Performs diagnostic cardiology and electrophysiology procedures and imaging. Determines proper radiologic technique and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Performs finalizing functions, including, but not limited to archival storage of images, patient radiographic data and records in accordance with Cardiologist and departmental specifications.
Personal growth and competency
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging and pediatric/congenital invasive cardiology and electrophysiology. Attends educational and administrative staff meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable