Posting Note: This position is on-site.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a Genetic Counselor to become involved in the implementation of laboratory genetic consultation service in the Clinical Genomics Laboratory. The selected candidate will closely work with laboratory medical directors and other laboratory personnel, and provide information and technical support to the clients.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists the Medical Directors with interpretation of genetic test results and writing reports.
- Guides the physicians/clients in identifying appropriate testing approach based on their patients` clinical and family history.
- Communicates genetic test results to the physicians/clients.
- Provides education on genetic topics to the physicians and laboratory staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.