Posting Note: Join the Phoenix Children’s Foundation! We support the essential functions of Foundation staff who are passionate about Phoenix Children’s mission of providing hope, healing, and the best healthcare to children and their families. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, is self-motivated, technologically savvy, and is team-oriented. Projects will directly align with fundraising initiatives spanning from individual and gift planning, stewardship, and engagement, to corporate and workplace giving. As a member of the business operations team, the Prospect Management Strategist will work side-by-side with the prospect research, decision support, project management and donor relations teams. This position will be responsible for leading and executing projects that directly impact revenue growth with emphasis on principal and major giving, and gift planning, as well as new business development programs. In many cases this position will also work directly with leadership on high value impact projects that align with Phoenix Children’s mission and supports the Foundations goals. • Serving as a liaison to services lines and teams, the Sr. Specialist will actively contribute to integrated teams across the Foundation, provide both tactical and strategic support, gather feedback and metrics, and build strategies to implement process-improvements • Proactively build systems and SOPs to streamline operations, creating highly effective and efficient business practices • Assist the Director Development Operations & Analytics and the Director of Prospect Research with project-based initiatives focused on revenue priorities • Assist the Manager of Project Management on top level organization project priorities • Support programs that help advance Grateful Family program • Provide process, system, and program training to all divisions • Assist with data management and processes to ensure foundation data adds value to the business intelligence team’s reporting and analytics • Work independently overseeing projects that enhance business operations • Active member of the business operations integrated strategy team Skills/Knowledge: Outstanding verbal and writing skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and leadership. A high level of initiative, creativity, and innovation for creating programs and resolving problems. Must be able to organize and prioritize work, while simultaneously managing multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. Also required is dependability, attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate would have proficiency with donor database software, advanced Excel skills, and familiarity with project management methodologies and tools, such as Smartsheet.
Working in close collaboration with leadership, the Sr Specialist develops and implements all aspects of multiple programs that align with hospital’s mission and support the Foundation’s goals. Working independently, the Sr Specialist may be in charge of overseeing program/project execution that could include staffing, volunteers, budget and fundraising goals from start to finish. This position may also be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community. Position may have direct and/or indirect oversight of lower-level staff members and/or volunteers.
- Program Development: Provides leadership and/or oversight in the development of fully-fledged programs complete with policies, procedures and techniques.
- Staff Oversight: Responsible for training, assisting and collaborating with staff members who are involved in one or more programs. Indirect and/or direct supervision must facilitate communication, aid organization, coordinate objectives and ensure that standards are met.
- Allocate Resources: Allocates a specific amount of resources for each program while avoiding the depletion of resources as well as the degradation of quality.
- Manage Budgets: Creates and analyzes budgets for each program in order to minimize unnecessary expenditures, including complex budgetary planning and forecasting.
- Process Documentation: Manages the tracking of deliverables, monitoring progress and translating data towards future growth projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable