Scientific Research Writer
Posting Note: This position is a Hybrid and requires you to work on- site at our Main Campus in Phoenix. Preferred Clinical experience.
The Scientific Research Writer is a key member of the Research team responsible for providing high-level guidance and support to researchers on scientific writing and grantsmanship expertise in all phases of the research writing process, including assistance in coordination and preparation of grants, concept papers, and manuscripts. The Scientific Research Writer specializes in substantive scientific and technical editing, stylistic and content editing, rewriting, formatting, editing and proofreading manuscripts for publication, internal and external grant proposals and study protocols. This includes critical review of the text for clarity, persuasiveness and comprehensive presentation. The primary emphasis of the writer is on reading, reviewing, analyzing and providing theoretical guidance for grant proposals and original manuscripts for scientists and clinicians.
Editing, Formatting Revision and Style
- Provides content editing, formatting, and revision of grant proposals, manuscripts, abstracts and posters for submission to grant funders, scientific organizations and other professional groups. Revises text using consistent stylistic format to ensure clarity, cohesion, and flow of material.
- Assists researchers in research project planning to facilitate research concept and hypothesis development, and in the preparation of the scientific and technical components of research proposals to enable detailed protocol development.
- Engages in literature search, retrieval and preparation of literature summaries for a variety of research topics to assist manuscript development.
- Assists in drafting responses to reviewers’ comments and criticisms when manuscripts need to be resubmitted.
- Attends meetings with investigators to gain insights into project requirements.
- Facilitates and coordinates investigator referrals for ongoing research proposal or study services to include statistical support, budget development and clinical research support.
- Assists in the preparation of grant related documents such as resource and facilities overviews, bibliographies, concept papers, regulatory paperwork, papers and presentations. Works closely with Principal Investigator(s) to develop, present, and bring to final submission high quality, large, multi-disciplinary, and multi-collaborative grant proposals.
- Delivers on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, meeting deadlines, quality measures and budgets. Helps maintain project management database for the team, including inputting projects, notes, deadlines and deliverables.
- Assists in tracking, identifying and obtaining potential sources of funding and match appropriate investigators as they are announced to enable financial support of research.
- Attends scientific seminars pertaining to research interests of Phoenix Children`s clinicians and scientists to identify and secure new opportunities. Reviews and meets ongoing competency requirements of the role to maintain the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform, within scope, role specific functions.
- Regular attendance is required in order to carry out the essential functions of the position.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable