Clinical Lab Geneticist
The Clinical Laboratory Geneticist interprets results of Clinical Genomics testing, including chromosomal microarray, next generation sequencing, pharmacogenomics, and and cancer genomics, and works collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Genomics to develop and optimize testing. The Clinical Laboratory Geneticist provides clinical consultation to providers and continuing education for molecular technologists pertaining to the diagnosis of genetic disease. The Clinical Laboratory Geneticist provides technical operations and quality leadership support as needed for the Director of Clinical Genomics Laboratory.
Diagnostic interpretation of all genomic testing performed.
- Interpretation of chromosomal microarray (constitutional and oncologic), Fragile X, Sanger sequencing, and Next Generation Sequencing tests (constitutional, cancer and somatic disorders, pharmacogenetics).
- New test development and technical optimization of current testing.
- Participation in Quality Improvement, Regulatory Compliance, and Accreditation activities.
- Provides consultation and continuing education to providers, technologists, and medical trainees. Presents molecular data at multidisciplinary care conferences.
- Participates in collaborative research pertaining to Genomics.
- Participates in laboratory test utilization guidance in Clinical Genomics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable