The Clinical Laboratory Geneticist interprets results of Clinical Genomics testing, including chromosomal microarray, next generation sequencing, pharmacogenomics, and and cancer genomics, and works collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Genomics to develop and optimize testing. The Clinical Laboratory Geneticist provides clinical consultation to providers and continuing education for molecular technologists pertaining to the diagnosis of genetic disease. The Clinical Laboratory Geneticist provides technical operations and quality leadership support as needed for the Director of Clinical Genomics Laboratory.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Diagnostic interpretation of all genomic testing performed.
- Interpretation of chromosomal microarray (constitutional and oncologic), Fragile X, Sanger sequencing, and Next Generation Sequencing tests (constitutional, cancer and somatic disorders, pharmacogenetics).
- New test development and technical optimization of current testing.
- Participation in Quality Improvement, Regulatory Compliance, and Accreditation activities.
- Provides consultation and continuing education to providers, technologists, and medical trainees. Presents molecular data at multidisciplinary care conferences.
- Participates in collaborative research pertaining to Genomics.
- Participates in laboratory test utilization guidance in Clinical Genomics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.