Care coordination is the deliberate organization of patient care activities to facilitate the appropriate delivery of health care services. This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs a variety of administrative duties in order help patients and families receive efficient, effective and customer-service focused navigation of the healthcare system.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Care Management Support
- a) Verifies insurance eligibility as needed and performs validation checks to ensure accurate contact information.
- b) Verifies demographic information for the purposes of coordinating communication.
- c) Meets with patients/caregivers during clinic appointments, documents in electronic medical record, coordinates time with the family for completion of patient forms and provides updates to the licensed health care provider.
- d) Executes administrative portions of care coordination under the direction of the licensed health care professional and in cooperation with the health care multidisciplinary team.
- e) Obtains medical records such as outside films, charts, pathology and other historical data as needed.
- f) Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing written patient education or resources as directed by the licensed health care provider, communicating patient/caregiver needs or barriers to health care multidisciplinary team, facilitating phone/fax/email communication as indicated to expedite tasks, re-scheduling or coordinating follow-up appointments to attempt trip reduction for family, verifying readiness of prescribed medications at outpatient pharmacy, and communicating surgical readiness and plan with family and health care team.
- g) Logs all encounters with and about patients in the electronic medical record.
- h) Escalates barriers to implementing the care plan to the licensed health care provider and health care team.
Program and Population Support
- a) Manages data collection and entry.
- b) Maintains databases.
- c) Coordinates new patient referrals.
- d) Assists with marketing program services and recruitment.
- e) Assists with recruitment and on boarding of new team members.
- f) Assists with administration of survey tools to patients/families, providers, and care management associates.
- g) Maintains accurate department records.
- h) Identifies and provides input to enhance effectiveness of systems and processes.
- a) Communicates clearly in both written and verbal communications with all internal and external customers.
- b) Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all internal and external customers.
- c) Collaborates with others to acquire information and materials.
- d) Answers telephone calls, takes messages, maintains schedules.
- e) Responds to email within 24 hours or one business day.
- f) Assists with coordination and scheduling of procedures, clinic visits, and other activities as directed by licensed health care provider.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.