This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens), performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.