Dir, Creative Services
The Director of Creative Services leads concept development and execution of innovative creative strategies, multimedia creation for omnichannel campaigns, and oversight of all branded standards, collateral, and applications in support of strategic health system initiatives, goals, and plans for growth. This position drives and supports the efforts and vision of the creative services department by directing and mentoring design professionals (graphic and multimedia designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, copywriters, etc.) in collaboration with cross-functional teams (marketing, communications, digital, foundation, etc.) while overseeing the creative projects for external consultants, freelancers and agency partners. The Director of Creative Services ensures brand consistency across all channels and maintains oversight of branded assets and the health system brand portal. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications, and Physician Relations.
- Supports and oversees brand development around strategic growth initiatives.
- Critically evaluates and develops innovative deliverables with solid, articulated creative strategy and impeccable attention to detail.
- Partners with Marketing, Communications, Digital, Foundation, and service lines to direct consistent brand awareness, brand identity, and style guidelines applications.
- Oversees brand assets, collateral, advertisements, branded assets, graphic design, and videography while assessing future equipment and technology needs.
- Maintains professional expertise through involvement in professional organizations, continuing education, and monitoring current market trends, innovation, new technologies, and national industry practices.
- Engages in relationship management with relevant departments. Coordinates cross-departmental cooperation within creative endeavors.
Team Structure & Management
- Maintains culture of innovation and collaboration to drive change and improvement.
- Clearly communicates creative direction, provides rationale, evaluates proposed concepts and provides constructive feedback.
- Manages in-house creative staff and their workload. Identifies staffing and equipment needs. Provides onboarding, training, mentorship, coaching, administrative support, performance evaluations, goal setting, and professional development.
- Manages the deliverables of and relationships with outside resources, including vendors and freelancers.
- Oversees quality control, creative output, and project processes.
- Coordinates project reviews and approvals as needed.
Tracking & Reporting
- Develops processes to navigate and assess creative projects, plans, goals, tools and effectiveness.
- Ensures timely and informative communication takes place between Creative Services and stakeholders.
- Manages ongoing quality assurance processes to protect brand consistency.
- Establishes and integrates structure to assess brand portal customer experience and usage.
- Manages multiple projects and priorities effectively and accurately.
- Creates and monitors Creative Services budget.
- Manages creative subscription services and renewals.
- Tracks Creative Services freelance and vendor expenditures.
- Manages equipment resources and purchases.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable