Allscripts System Architect
The Enterprise Allscripts System Architect provides primary application expertise for the Allscripts Sunrise application(s), through the effective installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of application software and technical infrastructures. This position provides leadership in projects and problem resolution for system(s) by ensuring that system hardware, software and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This position is responsible for systems that cross multiple business functions (e.g., clinical, radiology, pharmacy, registration and scheduling) and acts as the primary subject matter expert for the technical aspects of the Allscripts Sunrise System. The role requires broad knowledge for how our surrounding systems integrate with our Allscripts EHR and strong background in partnering to manage the technical aspects of supporting the enterprise clinical systems.
Provides primary application expertise for the Allscripts Sunrise Applications used by PCH
- Takes a lead role in installing new Sunrise applications
- Takes a subject matter expert role in configuring Sunrise Applications
- Providers guidance and input into the effective and reliable operation and support of the Sunrise Applications used by PCH
- May lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades, fixes and new installations.
- Provides leadership in complex problem resolution with new and existing Sunrise application modules
- Leads the development of test plans, including robust test cases from application/technical support perspective
- Provides education and mentorship for non-clinical areas of PCH implementing Sunrise modules while leveraging other IT Teams to achieve outcomes.
- Keeps commitments
- Participates and leads implementation projects by completing all assigned project tasks
- Effectively participates in department meetings/initiatives.
- Guides and mentors other team members by answering questions and providing ad hoc help.
- Acknowledges and assumes responsibility for actions, decisions, configurations, and implementations.
- Applies varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Confirms understanding of project needs and personal assignments
- Communicates progress on application updates, packet installs and any Allscripts system related concerns.
- Escalates to Clinical and Business IT leaders when necessary.
- Identifies needs and participates in process improvement initiatives (e.G., rounding, committees). Takes a problem, knowledge of workflow and designs a best-practice solution for the end users and supports strategic direction of the organization and support all Sunrise Application workflows.
- Works well under pressure, takes direction, works well individually and within a team.
- Identifies needs, constraints, priorities of assigned work and organizes time efficiently
- Is curious and seeks out new learning opportunities or solutions and effectively applies them in their current role.
- Takes a leadership role in resolution of system issues.
- Maintains knowledge of application services, application integration and architecture patterns.
Consistently demonstrates a collaborative communication style
- Oral and written communication is clear and concise
- Maintains a pleasant and caring attitude.
- Represents IT positively to other parts of the organization.
- Is open to new ideas.
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Communicates technical information and ideas in ways that others will understand.
- Works closely with the vendor and maintains effective vendor relationships.
- Acts as key adviser for applications that span across multiple business and discipline units.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable