Posting Note: This is a Hybrid position which requires the appliants to live locally or be willing to relocate.
The Manager of Clinical Ancillary Systems plans, coordinates, and manages daily operational functions of the IT Clinical Ancillary team, including clinical ancillary application training, implementation and use, ongoing communication with clinical areas, adoption and optimization analysis, reporting, and planning for future clinical ancillary application needs. This position oversees and directs IT Clinical Ancillary staff to assist in the design, development, maintenance, and training for assigned clinical ancillary systems to support the care of patients and research efforts for Phoenix Children`s. In addition, this position assists in the selection and evaluation of new applications and collaborates in the development of training efforts of clinical staff in the use of the systems to support patient care and develops methods for collecting, organizing, and reporting data. This person collaborates with other departments to achieve optimum use of the clinical systems. This position may also be required to negotiate contracts and manage a portion of the operational budget.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Keeps commitments.
- Effectively plans, coordinates and manages multiple competing projects.
- Effectively plans, monitors and manages daily operational functions of the clinical ancillary IT team.
- Takes personal responsibility for project and operational outcomes while ensuring the highest quality customer service is provided.
- Plans and directs staff activities around configuration, testing, enhancements, security management, reliability and system integrity.
- Owns issues and brings them to a successful conclusion, escalating when appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical competency of informatics and technology through continuous self-improvement. Follows current trends and is aware of current technologies and practices to improve clinical outcomes.
- Monitors and communicates progress on all projects.
- Escalates appropriately and when necessary.
- Works well under pressure, takes direction, works well individually and within a team.
- Identifies needs, constraints, priorities of assigned work and organizes time efficiently.
Consistently produces quality work product that is accurate, complete and detailed
- Leads strategic planning sessions with Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy, Cardiology, Surgery, Neurology and other ancillary areas.
- Leads successful project implementations by assigning, monitoring and completing all assigned project tasks.
- Proactively monitors the help desk ticketing system to assure timely resolution of issues
- Researches, plans and makes recommendations to meet or exceed business requirements
- Provides complete and accurate project updates in a consistent and timely manner for all projects.
- Monitors, verifies and recommends changes to operation budget regarding vendor expenditures.
- Negotiates vendor contracts.
Consistently demonstrates a collaborative communication style
- Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Represents IT positively to other parts of the organization.
- Is open to new ideas.
- Assists, mentors and counsels team members appropriately.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Facilitates communication between clinical leadership and staff to troubleshoot system issues and problems.
- Works effectively in conjunction with all other clinical and non-clinical staff ensuring results achieve desired outcomes.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.