Transplant Bill-Reimburs Spec
This position performs a variety of tasks to coordinate and facilitate all billing activities by following transplant patient accounts through the billing process to payors. This position also oversees patient account data verification to ensure timely and accurate billing, payment tracking, and account follow-up for all transplant-related services.
Actively monitors all accounts receivable for transplant patients
- Identifies and follows all transplant patient accounts to ensure transplant related services are posted properly in the billing systems and captured in the transplant database.
Submits bills electronically or manually, as required, for transplant related services.
- Prepares clean claims for submission as soon as possible to secure timely payment. Requests and attaches any required clinical documentation.
Remains current in knowledge of regulatory and payor billing requirements.
- Interprets claims processing reports; corrects patient demographic information as necessary to produce clean claims.
Prepares all accounts payable requests for manager approval for timely payment.
- Processes vendor claims/invoices for submission within appropriate transplant phase of global period.
Ensures pertinent transplant account data is entered into transplant database.
- Maintains detailed claim and other financial information in transplant database.
Services accounts in accordance with priority to optimize turnaround time.
- Bills accounts independently (rather than in batches) based on applicable insurance and CMS requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable