This position performs a variety of routine laboratory specimen processing functions from patients of all ages to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. This position also assumes a leadership role in daily operations, problem resolution, technical guidance, and compliance with regulatory standards. The Pre-Analytics Lead has advanced certification in phlebotomy. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the Supervisor and provides supervisory support as needed.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Participate in day-to-day pre-analytical sample processing, ensuring all activities are performed and documented according to the established policies and procedures and align with corporate goals.
- Demonstrates competency with Sunquest/Smarterm.
- Electronically receives specimens accurately.
- Work is performed timely and efficiently.
- Send out specimens are prepared for shipping accurately and thoroughly.
- Serve as a liaison between processing and various functional groups including, but not limited to, laboratory leadership, nursing, core analytical lab, microbiology, blood bank, surgical pathology, histology, biorepository, cytology, billing and quality to report and address immediate issues or concerns.
- Assist Supervisor with implementation of training plans and checklists to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures; oversee training on a variety of tasks including phlebotomy, specimen processing, specimen send-outs, as well as sweat and breath collection.
- Provides technical assistance to phlebotomists/ processing in the performance of their duties; collects and prepares patient samples according to SOP and resolves test order issues to include order entry, data verification, accessioning
- Collaborates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.