Ld Lab & PreAnalytics Asst
This position performs a variety of routine laboratory specimen processing functions from patients of all ages to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. This position also assumes a leadership role in daily operations, problem resolution, technical guidance, and compliance with regulatory standards. The Pre-Analytics Lead has advanced certification in phlebotomy. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the Supervisor and provides supervisory support as needed.
Participate in day-to-day pre-analytical sample processing, ensuring all activities are performed and documented according to the established policies and procedures and align with corporate goals.
- Demonstrates competency with Sunquest/Smarterm.
- Electronically receives specimens accurately.
- Work is performed timely and efficiently.
- Send out specimens are prepared for shipping accurately and thoroughly.
- Serve as a liaison between processing and various functional groups including, but not limited to, laboratory leadership, nursing, core analytical lab, microbiology, blood bank, surgical pathology, histology, biorepository, cytology, billing and quality to report and address immediate issues or concerns.
- Assist Supervisor with implementation of training plans and checklists to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures; oversee training on a variety of tasks including phlebotomy, specimen processing, specimen send-outs, as well as sweat and breath collection.
- Provides technical assistance to phlebotomists/ processing in the performance of their duties; collects and prepares patient samples according to SOP and resolves test order issues to include order entry, data verification, accessioning
- Collaborates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable