This position performs a variety of inventory, supply-stocking, and disbursement functions for all clinical and non-clinical areas of the Hospital to provide for the continuous availability of items for efficient department operations. Individuals in this position have demonstrated competency of all PCH inventory management and customer satisfaction activities as outlined in the Materials Management skills and knowledge check-list.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Gathers/Inventories, packs, and delivers inventory items to various on - and off-campus locations.
- Maintains current inventory records by decrementing and incrementing items to reflect activity levels to provide for continuously available accurate information. Participates in ongoing cycle counts.
- Receives incoming inventory items, places in correct bin and shelf locations, and confirms units of measure and appropriate dispensing units.
- Reviews expiration dates and pulls expired items in accordance to established standards of customer service.
- Receives supply and equipment calls from departments and coordinates delivery of items to ensure accuracy and timeliness of response in accordance with established standards.
- Performs inventory counts of all surgical case and specialty carts. Stocks and replenishes items to provide for ongoing availability of required items and logs future expiration dates.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.