Department: PCH-MAIN | Lab Genomics
Posting #: 707037
Date Posted: 11/4/2022
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: Must have previous laboratory testing experience in Molecular Genomics (such as Chromosomal Microarray, Fragile X, Sanger, Next-Generation and Whole Exome Sequencing).
This position performs a variety of clinical laboratory procedures to evaluate and determine reliability of test results and provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. This position also assumes a leadership role in daily operations, problem resolution, technical guidance, and compliance with regulatory standards. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the Supervisor and provides supervisory support as needed.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in developing and maintaining related policies and guidelines; employs policies and procedures, regulatory guidelines, and professional standards to validate current practice requirements and support of overall organizational values and mission.
- Provides leadership support and oversees work activities of assigned staff to ensure achievement of established goals, objectives, and outcomes. Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
- Ensures adherence to departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operation.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by medical technology.
- Participates in standard, complex, and specialized patient testing and quality control testing of samples. Plans techniques based on assessment of findings and accepted protocols.
- Differentiates and resolves technical, instrument, physiologic causes of problems or unexpected test results to determine presence of normal and abnormal components as related to specific job function within the laboratory.
- Performs regular instrument maintenance in accordance with established instructions. I; identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Understands and uses troubleshooting, validation, statistical, computer, and preventive maintenance techniques to ensure proper laboratory operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.