Ld Pathology Admin Supt
The lead pathology admin support position provides administrative and transcription support to pathology providers and is responsible for the direct oversight of staff workflow, scheduling, training, quality control and procedural oversight of the Pathology Administrative Office. This position provides timely and accurate patient reports and information to both internal and external customers. This position receives general supervision of work activities from the department supervisor or manager.
- Oversees and assists with work activities of assigned staff to ensure achievement of established goals, objectives, and outcomes; provides guidance, mentoring, and direction, as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
- Provides a variety of administrative support functions for the department which includes: customer service (telephone and in-person); conference and on-call scheduling; coordinating, organizing, and maintaining files; microscopic slide filing; arranging for mail collection and distribution; to provide for optimum efficiency of the department.
- Reviews, edits, and formats reports to ensure consistently accurate patient records and associated information in accordance with all requirements, procedures, and standards.
- Assists in clinical and hospital educational conferences and directives provided by the department which include conference scheduling, preparation, material collection, medical student/resident orientation, and managing presentation materials and files.
- Assists in monitoring Quality Control performance and reporting. Assists in performing billing and coding audits on a daily basis.
- Operates and troubleshoots (as necessary) voice dictation and standard office equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Gathers, summarizes, and analyzes data, information, blocks and slides as needed or requested for preparation of presentation materials, reporting, consultation and referral.
- Participates in educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels. Independently seeks learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintains inventory and may order supplies as needed.
- Participates in the review of current procedures and/or development of new procedures and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable