Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s Endocrine division is in search of a Registered dietitian with current Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist credentials. This position is part time; it offers one remote day a week, dental, vision, and health insurance. Additionally, it offers tuition reimbursement, paid time off, diabetes technology training, a supportive and collaborative work culture, among other benefits. You will work in a multidisciplinary team to provide direct patient care using medical nutrition therapy (MNT), diabetes self-management, and diabetes prevention education to patients and their families.
This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive patient educational plans and programs to address patient care needs in accordance with established best practices, standards, requirements, and regulations
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with colleagues within the Endocrine Department to support the departmental strategic plan and ongoing institutional growth. Collaborates with other disciplines and departments as a change agent and participates in the evaluation of outcomes. Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines. Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies variations from diagnoses. Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with health care team and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage and documentation standards, regulations, and requirements. Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which supports the philosophy and values of Phoenix Children`s Hospital, nursing, model of care, and professional development of staff. Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence using a variety of teaching strategies. Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to enhance own professional growth and development. Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate. Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status; participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Patient Case Management.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.