Posting Note: Donor Relations Specialist III The Donor Relations Specialist III, reporting to the Director, Donor Relations, works as a member of the Engagement, Stewardship and Donor Relations team to manage a comprehensive donor recognition program across the Phoenix Children’s Health System. The Specialist III will support the Donor Relations Program by providing thoughtful partnership and project management oversight for the recognition strategy and execution; including recognition within proposals and impact reports, annual digital donor walls, naming and plaque design and installations, milestone and anniversary acknowledgements, digital and print donor touchpoints, annual recognition branded items and special occasion items. The Specialist III is expected to actively contribute to the integrated engagement and stewardship strategy across the Foundation. Required Skills/Knowledge Outstanding verbal and writing skills to effectively communicate with donors, colleagues, institutional leadership, faculty and staff. A high level of initiative, compassion, creativity, and enthusiasm coupled with an ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents. Proficiency with donor database software, donor lists reconciliation and project management is desired, with a focus on recognition and reporting preferred. Functional Accountabilities Recognition Execution • Enhances donor relations by providing a high level of service to internal and external constituent groups to strategize, incorporate, and execute recognition activities including physical and marketing recognition, event stewardship, etc. • Tracks all donor recognition signage across the Phoenix Children's Health System to include satellite locations. Coordinates requests from development officers for naming materials (space descriptions, floor plans, artistic renderings and photographs) for donor proposals and campaign materials; tracking and inventory process; development, installation and programming of all digital donor walls, recognition displays and named spaces. • Assist with proposal and/or stewardship plan development to ensure activities proactively and proportionately steward and recognize constituencies. • Partner, develop and implement strategies to increase engagement and stewardship through donor recognition societies. • Assist with managing donor recognition and naming opportunities within our recognition database Program Development • Strategize and lead broader implementation of the Foundation’s digital impact reporting platform for donors across major, corporate, annual and events; includes partnership with Foundation leadership, gift officers, editorial and design teams • Proactively partner with internal stakeholders to assist in the development and execution of stewardship strategies for recognition societies to include $1M+ cumulative donors • Evaluate and lead process for donor touchpoints to ensure timely, accurate and proportional stewardship based on benchmarking and best practices • Evaluate and implement donor recognition policies and procedures to assist gift officers with donor management, engagement and stewardship in the pursuit of additional philanthropic gifts Innovations and Improvements • Proactively employ best practices to produce highly accurate, high quality work products and the continued improvement of an integrated stewardship and donor relations system. • Offer guidance to improve and streamline stewardship execution; ensure stewardship, cultivation and special projects are executed at the highest level. • Partner with internal stakeholders to develop relationships, gather feedback and metrics, and implement process-improvements
Working in close collaboration with leadership, Specialist III develops and implements many aspects of multiple programs that align with hospital’s mission and support the Foundation’s goals. Working independently, the Specialist III may be in charge of overseeing program/project execution that could include staffing, volunteers, budget and fundraising goals from start to finish. This position may also be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community. Position may have direct and/or indirect oversight of lower-level staff members and/or volunteers.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Program Development: Assists in the development of fully-fledged programs complete with policies, procedures and techniques.
- Allocate Resources: Allocates a specific amount of resources for each program while avoiding the depletion of resources as well as the degradation of quality.
- Staff Oversight: Responsible for training, assisting and collaborating with staff members who are involved in one or more programs. Indirect and/or direct supervision must facilitate communication, aid organization, coordinate objectives and ensure that standards are met.
- Manage Budgets: Creates and analyzes budgets for each program in order to minimize unnecessary expenditures, including complex budgetary planning and forecasting.
- Process Documentation: Manages the tracking of deliverables, monitoring progress and translating data towards future growth projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.