This position manages adequate availability and distribution of equipment to meet the needs of the organization. This position is responsible for tracking and managing all inventoried and rental equipment to optimize its use in the most efficient and economical manner, including the validation of correct and appropriate charges for rental equipment being submitted to PCH by rental companies. This position works closely with department leaders to coordinate daily requirements, and identify opportunities for process improvement and expense reductions within the department. Works closely with Biomedical Engineering to set and implement asset management strategies, and to ensure equipment distribution adheres to requirements for the safe use. This position prepares the department operating and capital budgets, making recommendations for the replacement of equipment, or addition of new equipment as supported by various sources of data to include utilization and clinical practice change information.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Manage Clinical/Medical Equipment
- Manages clinical/medical equipment that is used on the units for patient care to include inventory management, equipment par and circulation management, and repair/replacement planning. Works closely with units and Biomedical Engineering to define equipment needs and translate equipment needs to adequate equipment par and throughput models, including surge plans. Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiencies in the medical equipment use and flow supporting operations. Authors policies and procedures related to equipment regulatory guidelines related to use and cleaning.
Manage Equipment Rental Activity
- Manages all clinical equipment rental activity ensuring equipment is only rented as long as needed, and invoices are validated for accuracy and appropriately used by PCH before approving for payment. Ensures work flows are in place so that equipment is checked by Biomedical Engineering, per PCH policy, prior to use on any patient. Responsible for vendor relationship management and ensuring a high degree of vendor/PC coordination to expedite rental unit returns.
Develop and Present Statistical Reports
- Collects and compiles statistical information as needed to support inventory management. Prepares operational and statistical reports to identify areas of opportunity and to assist in decision making processes. Presents reports, business proformas/plans, forms recommendations, and completes SBARs and supporting documentation, as needed/requested, Vice President for discussion. Maintains all necessary inventory data in a data file or database.
Budget Preparation and Management
- Develops and manages department capital and operating budgets, achieving established financial targets and operating goals. Develops and manages asset category management plans to include repair expenses, extending stated useful life and replacement schedules. Participates in equipment selection activities. Coordinates asset category management activities with clinical and operational leaders.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.