Patient Placement Coordinator
Posting Note: This is part time position, working two, 12 hour shifts/week! We are looking for someone who wants to work two days a week, 7 PM - 7:30 AM . Must have experience in triaging patients who are calling into the hospital looking for specific care and doctors. AND, we are offering a $3K SIGN ON BONUS for this part time position!!! Come join our team, and help our kids! -
This position is accountable for coordination and acceptance of information regarding direct admissions and transfers to Phoenix Children`s Hospital. Responsibilities also include coordinating all aspects of patient placement within the facilities, and partnering with nursing and other clinical operation departments to facilitate patient access, throughput, and capacity.
Manages requests for all transfers and direct admissions, facilitates provider communication.
- Accurately collects the data required for the intake of patients from a variety of locations including: ED, physician office, PCH clinic, referring facilities.
- Coordinates all MD to MD acceptance calls; participates in and documents all acceptance calls, with an ongoing focus on quality and customer service.
- Collaborates with Patient Placement Representative with determining patient benefits/eligibility.
- Manages and accepts all ED referral calls (non-EMS) and communicates incoming referrals to ED.
- Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information and acuity utilizing critical thinking, clinical decision making, and established process flow to assist in assessing and facilitating patient flow across multiple facilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, and care of patients of all ages served.
Proactively manages all patient placement, throughput and hospital bed capacity.
- Manages bed board on an ongoing basis in a timely and accurate manner.
- Escalates bed placement/capacity issues to appropriate leadership in a timely manner.
- Works with nursing units and leaders to identify best available bed placement at the time of request, given patient needs, staffing resources, level of care requirements, infection control principles, and throughput goals.
- Reviews and plans for all scheduled admissions daily.
- Collaborates with key departments such as admitting, EVS, case management to ensure timely patient admissions and a positive patient family experience.
Acts as a role model for Family Centered Care and Customer Service, demonstrating positive and timely communication with internal and external customers.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Clear communication skills, demonstrating sincerity in all interactions.
- Ability to multi-task, including transcribing information into database while speaking with callers.
Participates in department specific process improvement.
- Assists in tracking and trending barriers in patient flow, transfers or customer service and makes recommendations and assists with solutions.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable