Posting Note: Phoenix Children's is seeking applicants with the following: • Knowledge in Non-Profit Foundation gift processing and tax receipting • Knowledge in Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Unitrusts, and other annuity gifts • Knowledge in Investment Accounting for Foundation dollars. • Knowledge in Grants compliance • Experience with appropriate crediting of gifts to funds, and donor support regarding gifts and fund openings. • Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s and Financial Edge • Critical Thinking & Financial Analytics skills • Strong work ethic • Strong excel skills. • Highly organized, able to multi-task and track multiple projects • Heightened sense of initiative as a self-starter This is a Hybrid postion. • Superb customer service • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish effective relationships with both internal and external audiences • Strong mathematical aptitude • Excellent time management and attention to detail
This position provides experienced accounting performance of pre-assigned tasks as assigned by financial management; uses professional knowledge and experience to create, with reasonable independence subject to ongoing review, the entries and/or reports needed to account for transactions of the PCH organization. This position also serves in a lead accounting role and is recognized as an expert within a segment of the department.
- Prepares and/or reviews various journal entries in the monthly closing process to effect an orderly and appropriate monthly close
- Serves in lead accounting role within a segment of the department, such as foundation accounting, fixed assets or revenue accounting. As the lead accountant, this position is recognized as an area expert and interacts with people within PCH and external to PCH in developing proper accounting treatment for a given transaction.
- Manages assigned G/L accounts and is responsible for reconciliations of accounts in accordance with the department practices for reconciliations.
- Oversees appropriate supporting accountants as needed by the department for an assigned area and provides guidance and review of daily work to such supporting accountants.
- Maintains all accounting records within their assigned areas in strict accordance with generally accepting accounting principles as interpreted by PCH senior financial management.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable