NP - Medical
This position works in collaboration with the attending physicians and works within their scope of practice to provide excellent clinical care for patients. Plays a critical role in the patient family medical team. Professional who may practice in hospital’s inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Conducts comprehensive health history, physical assessments and plans for infants, children and young adults with acute and chronic health conditions. Utilizes advanced assessment skills to manage a cohort of patients.
- Orders and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Formulates family centered plan of care. Performs daily documents as necessary. Collaborated and coordinated care with other team members.
- Collects data and analyzes when necessary.
- Performs any needed advanced procedures that are associated with their credentialing process DOP.
- Utilizes the most up to date and evidence based practice for plan of care and able to alter the plan according to family needs and effectiveness or plan.
- Serves as an educational resource to patient/family/ nursing staff/ provider team and other health care teams as needed.
- Participates in own professional development by maintaining required competences, certifying body renewals, seeking educational offerings when available, and participates in the professional development of others which may include Advanced Practice Provider students, Residents and Medical Students. Acts as a preceptor/mentor for those new in department.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety by bring up concerns in appropriate manner, reporting through appropriate channels, and ensuring change of practice when necessary. Demonstrates shared accountability of safe practice.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable