Patient Transport I
Posting Note: This is a PRN (as needed) position. Rotating weekends and holidays required. Shifts available: Days, 6am-4:30pm and Evenings, 2pm-12:30am
This position transports patients to and from various areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety practices and customer care standards.
Greets and assists patients and their parents prepare for transport.
- Makes contact with a patient’s nurse, care area or technician before transport; ensure paperwork is complete; check the patient’s ID band against the transport order verifying the medical record number and patient first and last name.
- Provides friendly, caring, and age appropriate transport of patients to and from all areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety practices, and customer care standards.
- Using appropriate methods, escorts discharged patients, their parents and belongings to the discharge or circle drive. Assists the parent in moving the patient from wheelchair, wagon or stroller to the vehicle. Assist in loading luggage and opening doors.
- When transporting patients, ensures they are properly covered and not exposed by providing a blanket, sheet or towel.
- Work closely with patient care areas to coordinate efficient patient transport needs across multiple areas. Maintains, visually checks, cleans, and inventories transport equipment. Notifies supervisor of service and/or maintenance issues. Assist clinical personnel in the transferring of patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretcher as requested.
- Participates in a variety of department and hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Provides excellent customer service to both patients and employees. Works as a team by showing courtesy, respect, professionalism, working to cover departmental staffing needs, and meeting departmental and organizational objectives.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable