Posting Note: After an initial period, this position will work remotely, with 2 days per month in the office.
This position is responsible for the planning, implementation and administration of the PCH Datacenter Infrastructure technologies spanning a wide range enterprise level server and endpoint system both on premise and in the cloud. Responsibilities include resolving hardware and OS incidents across varying technology platforms, including but not limited to: Modular and rack based servers, Multiple SAN/NAS devices as well as supporting fabrics, VMware, Microsoft and Linux OS technology platforms, Microsoft Clustering, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Plans and implements infrastructure systems (hardware / software). Provides technical expertise, including but not limited to, system design, budget, testing methodologies, and quality of standards within an established time frame.
- Analyzes existing systems and identifies the need for proactive maintenance, including planning and executing upgrades for all infrastructure systems.
- Responsible for adhering to change management processes, incident response, and testing methodologies for modifications to systems and software. This includes anticipating, mitigating, identifying, responding to, troubleshooting and resolving issues with the systems and software. Documents, addresses and resolves all customer incidents, problems and requests in a timely manner.
- Provisions physical and virtual servers including racking, cabling, operating system installation and provides support for vendor systems.
- Creates and builds physical and virtual OS desktop images, application packages, driver installations, corporate branded personalization.
- Develops documentation related to new and existing systems.
- Plans and implements disaster recovery methodologies.
- Perform regular systems maintenance including OS/application patches, driver updates, and regular performance monitoring.
- Provides excellent customer service by seeking to understand and address the customers needs and expectations through effective communication, and collaboration.
- Participates in on-call coverage (during business and after hours) to support all infrastructure related systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.