Pt Access Rep/Medical Asst-PCP
This position is responsible for performing secretarial, reception, medical assisting and initial patient needs assessment functions. Provides outstanding customer service and ensures a smooth patient flow process by providing services in admissions, financial counseling, billing, scheduling patients, paperwork completion, explanation of procedures, making of appointments, and conducts registration. Explains and obtains signatures on all required registration forms upon check-in. Receives referrals from physicians, obtains authorizations and calls insurance plans for verifications. At time of service is able to receipt cash and record accurately as well as enter charges and perform charge reconciliation. Also assists clinicians in providing medical care and in office testing as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. Utilizes special knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
- Performs registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorization notification. Accurately documents information and performs data-entry to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains necessary signatures specific to patients' insurance plan. Calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits. Collects deposits and co-payments. Provides financial counseling for patients and their families by explaining financial policies and providing available resources for alternative payment arrangements. Assists patients and their families with completing financial documents when appropriate.
- Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service communication skills utilizing kindness, tact and courtesy to ensure positive patient response to service. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills when relating to internal and external customers. Uses discretion and is attentive to issues of customer confidentiality. Demonstrates skills in pro-active resolution and attempts to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Provides support to include, answering the phones, returning phone messages, pick-up/prioritizing/distributing mail, ordering supplies/forms, coordinating/scheduling meetings, maintaining and re-stocking exam rooms and lobby. Monitors inventory including medication/injectable and immunizations, i.e., expired medications, recalls and patient tracking. Responsible for the medical records for the assigned area. Ensures medical records are pulled and ready daily. Initiates obtaining needed records from hospitals, practices, and other ancillary departments. Follows guidelines and assists in developing procedures to ensure that medical records are in compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms, medication list, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaint. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of changes of the patient’s condition to the clinician. Assists providers with exams and minor office procedures and acts as a chaperon if needed.
- Performs office-based testing and treatments related to patient care under supervision of a clinician. Performs and records daily/monthly quality control on all office based testing and treatment. Maintains a log book of results and lot numbers. Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory testing. Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed.
- Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures through Materials Management. Follows manufacturers’ recommendations and OSHA guidelines of handling hazardous substances. Performs and records daily/monthly quality control on all equipment.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable