This position oversees all phases of supply inventory management at Phoenix Children`s using historical data inventory management methodologies, and cycle counting to maintain accurate and appropriate supply levels in central supply in order to replenish all hospital PAR locations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Verifies and executes daily system-generated orders. Proactively monitors and identifies systematic and visual indicators to reduce/avoid stock outs. Reviews department requisitions and order templates for accuracy. Works with buyers to source and acquire/distribute urgently needed products and services to include borrowing and/or lending, renting from/to suppliers. Serves as point person for all PAR adds, changes, and deletions. Coordinates (or assists in facilitating) communication to clinical staff concerning substitute items, product recalls, product changes, and stock out situations.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes data (including historical usage) to support inventory management procedures including inventory mix, PAR level setting and adjustments, slotting design, inventory routing efficiencies and coordinating inventory controls with inventory unit coordinators. Responsible for inventory accuracy, fill rate, and inventory turn goals set by department leadership.
- Maintains Central Supply organization, layout, and labeling to optimize workflow.
- Manages all data associated with inventory in an assigned location and item flow from the point of origin to assigned replenishment locations. Manages all inventory data components, including UOM, bin locations, and issues to optimize flow. Manages re-order points and lead times to optimize inventory turns. Prepares summary reports on inventory usage and relevant statistics and variances, as directed.
- Institutes best practice inventory management policies and standard operating procedures. Administers and oversees continuous improvement related to inventory controls intended to monitor the inventory as an asset and an expense category, and to monitor the predictability of supplies supporting operations. Controls include daily and annual cycle counting procedures and analyzing all related adjustments to determine why variances exist and formulate ongoing plans to avoid future variances.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.