The Lead Patient Transport position provides preventative, supportive, and corrective interventions related to all patient transport efforts by coordination of assigned staff to ensure service levels are met while complying with established hospital and departmental policies in addition to serving as a dispatcher and patient transporter. This position has advanced and specialized expertise.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Oversees the Patient Transport team, working directly and collaboratively with the supervisor, manager and staff to provide a high level of patient satisfaction to the families and providers that utilize our services.
- Coordinates work activities and provides limited supervision of assigned staff to ensure achievement of established goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
Maintains professional and technical competencies in all aspects of Patient Transport through constantly pursuing knowledge, leadership growth and awareness of latest technology and practice to improve outcomes.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives.
- Proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations.
- Initiates recommendations for equipment acquisition and/or arranges for repair of existing equipment as needed, within departmental processes.
Performs the duties of Patient Transport and Patient Logistics Dispatch between added lead responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
- Acts as a role model to the Patient Transport/Dispatcher role, demonstrating a high level of professionalism and providing high quality customer experience to all they interact with.
- Monitors quality and effectiveness of work flow, problem resolution, and trouble-shooting issues, and/or processes to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Resolves any delays in service to maintain service levels. Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
Responsible for business analytics, including running reports and interpreting the data. This involves using multiple IT platforms and business software.
- Understands and oversees technology as it relates to patient transport and dispatch functions including but not limited to dashboards, patient tracking, Sunrise Clinical Manager, and communication systems.
- Prepares related operational and statistical reports for management to assist in decision making.
Provides Staff Training.
- Proactively researches and creates training materials related to Patient Transport, focused on best practices for accuracy, efficiency and overall customer satisfaction.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.