Ld Patient Transport
Posting Note: This is a full-time position, Tuesday - Saturday OR Sunday - Thursday, 230pm - 11pm. $3K Sign-On Bonus Available!
The Lead Patient Transport position performs high quality transport services for all patients. Serves in an area specific leadership role. Facilitates communication of operational processes and policies to Patient Transporters, as well as performing dispatching services as needed.
- Oversees the Patient Transport team, working directly and collaboratively with the supervisor, manager and staff to provide a high level of patient satisfaction to the families and providers that utilize our services.
- Coordinates work activities and provides limited supervision of assigned staff to ensure achievement of established goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
Maintains professional and technical competencies in all aspects of Patient Transport through constantly pursuing knowledge, leadership growth and awareness of latest technology and practice to improve outcomes.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives.
- Proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations.
- Initiates recommendations for equipment acquisition and/or arranges for repair of existing equipment as needed, within departmental processes.
Performs the duties of Patient Transport and Patient Logistics Dispatch between added lead responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
- Acts as a role model to the Patient Transport/Dispatcher role, demonstrating a high level of professionalism and providing high quality customer experience to all they interact with.
- Monitors quality and effectiveness of work flow, problem resolution, and trouble-shooting issues, and/or processes to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Resolves any delays in service to maintain service levels. Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
Responsible for business analytics, including running reports and interpreting the data. This involves using multiple IT platforms and business software.
- Understands and oversees technology as it relates to patient transport and dispatch functions including but not limited to dashboards, patient tracking, Sunrise Clinical Manager, and communication systems.
- Prepares related operational and statistical reports for management to assist in decision making.
Provides Staff Training.
- Proactively researches and creates training materials related to Patient Transport, focused on best practices for accuracy, efficiency and overall customer satisfaction.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable