This position performs a variety of clerical, administrative and customer service functions to support retail pharmacy operations in accordance with state and federal regulations. This position assists with management of medication and supply inventories, packaging and shipping of orders for home delivery, cashiering, answering and triaging telephone calls, resolving customer service issues, document management and filing and documentation of third-party reimbursement. This position receives supervision of work activities from the Manager, Retail Pharmacy and does not supervise any other position.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists with ordering, receiving, stocking and maintenance of medication and supply inventories; restocks pharmacy areas and orders supplies for departmental use from Materials Management and/or designated vendors as requested.
- Assists with packaging and processing of medication orders for home delivery in accordance with regulations and department policy.
- Assists with cashiering on sales of prescriptions and over-the-counter products, including accessing the pharmacy computer system to determine if a prescription is ready for pick up or delivery.
- Actively assists with customer service support by answering non-professional telephone inquiries, including receiving a refill request. Triage`s calls in a timely manner to a pharmacist, intern, pharmacy technician or pharmacy technician trainee as appropriate and exhibits PCH Values of excellence in patient care, service and communications at all times. Proactively solves customer service issues independently where appropriate.
- Assists the Financial Specialist and Patient Care Coordinator with document management, filing and timely documentation of third-party reimbursement.
- Participates in departmental in-service programs and meetings to maintain ongoing awareness of current practices and procedures and completes assignments to serve as a trainer for new staff as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.