Equipment and Materials Coord
This position performs a variety of inventory, supply-stocking, and disbursement functions for surgical areas to provide for the continuous availability of items for efficient department operations. This position is also responsible for first level troubleshooting of all OR equipment, lights, and booms. Serves as the liaison to Biomedical Engineering regarding proactive maintenance of all equipment and tracking the follow up on open issues and maintenance. This position works closely with circulator, Surgical Technicians, and Proceduralists during cases to assure accurate image and video capture and storage.
Coordinates inventory management for Perioperative services
- Receives incoming inventory items, places in correct bin and shelf locations, and confirms units of measure and appropriate dispensing units.
- Reviews expiration dates and pulls expired items in accordance to established standards of customer service.
Assists the RN leads and Periop Business Director on capital budget planning and purchase process
- Obtain quotes that assure accuracy for future budget forecasting
- Assists in completing purchase order summaries
- Track past, current and future capital purchases for the department.
Troubleshoots surgical equipment
- Assists staff in equipment set up for cases, including Storz Integration System, laparoscopic cameras and scopes, video recording and printing, microscopes, OR equipment, surgical tables, and any new medical or surgical equipment used for surgery cases.
Serves as the liaison to Biomedical engineering and outside vendors
- Maintains an accurate inventory, repair and maintenance history on all surgical equipment
- Completes work orders to Biomed and Facilities as needed.
Assists surgeons as needed for specialty cases
- Assists in data capture and storage
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable