Posting Note: Hybrid Position, 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
This position facilitates research contract development, legal review and negotiation for the organization. The Research Contracts Specialist, in coordination with the Office of General Counsel and Clinical Research, supports the development and implementation of research contract management tools and processes to assist in achieving the organization’s research contracting objectives and strategies. The Research Contract Specialist assumes most of the administrative and legal processing of research contracts, subject to attorney oversight as needed and per established contract guidelines. This position receives oversight from and reports to the Research Office Leadership and the Office of General Counsel. This position does not supervise any positions.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Conducts review of proposed research contract language. Reviews and revises proposed research contracts and related documents, ensuring compliance with company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Assess business terms to be sure the research contract supports the company/business unit goals. Works directly with sponsors, academic collaborators, and other parties to negotiate and resolve research contract issues, and prepares research contract documents for approval and execution by appropriate leader.
- Works independently, reviewing, writing and revising research contract language. Works with sponsors, academic collaborators, and other parties to negotiate research contracts within company policy/guidelines and legal requirements. Internally interfaces with all levels of company management. Externally interfaces with sponsors, academic collaborators, and other parties.
- Drafts and reviews research contracts or other related documents for execution by appropriate leader. Verifies intent of proposed research contract with internal and external customers.
- Maintains documentation of contracts, tracks metrics and outcomes, and produces related reports.
- Collaborates with the Research Department and Office of General Counsel to manage the overall process of progressing the work product through PCH including following the appropriate process for contracting and approvals through organizational business systems.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to the drafting, review, and management of research contracts.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.