Certified Athletic Trainer
Posting Note: **Exciting opportunity working with collegiate athlete level at the newest sports and entertainment center, Bell Bank Park in Mesa. Part-time (benefitted role)
This position completes the tasks assigned and the duties that are pertinent to patient care both in the orthopaedic clinic and/or outside the clinic. Outside the clinic, the athletic trainer provides support to local high schools and athletic teams, attends games and competitions, and evaluates injuries to determine their management and possible referral to the physicians. In the clinic, the athletic trainer will provide assistance to the orthopaedic practitioners and other staff members with the care and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Collaborates with the physician regarding patient`s plan of care.
- Applies and removes casts, changes dressings, and removes sutures/staples as directed by the presiding practitioner. The employee documents actions taken, supplies used, techniques utilized, related measurements, etc. in the patient`s electronic medical record according to PCH policy.
- Instructs patients with home exercise programs and monitors patient`s physical therapy progress including gait training, theraputic exercises, rehabilitation, and conditioning programs. Provides patient education materials.
- Assists providers with the application, adjustment and removal of splints, slings and other orthopedic DME related appliances.
- Assists clinical staff with the operation of the clinic, including rooming patients, order entry (under the supervision of the physician), physical therapy scheduling, injection preparation, general paperwork and chart preparation.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition, including taping, bracing, and bandaging. Attends games, competitions, and tournaments. Evaluates injuries to determine their management and possible referral to the physicians.
- Markets the PCH sports medicine program under the direction of the physicians.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable