The Forensic Interviewer provides high quality forensic interviewing services to child and adult witnesses regarding allegations of child maltreatment and violence: neglect, physical, and/or sexual abuse, domestic violence and homicide, using research based interview protocols and techniques in a developmentally appropriate manner. Works in close partnership with the Forensic Team at PCH and identified community partners.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Coordinates the scheduling of forensic interviews and conducts forensic interviews of children and adolescents with alleged child maltreatment.
- Participates in pre/post interview multidisciplinary case staffing, prepares and provides formal written reports of interviews, and participate in multidisciplinary team meetings and present results of forensic interview, disclosures made and circumstances of the disclosure to provide court admissible evidence, as needed, for criminal prosecution.
- Assists in collecting all relevant child/family history and making appropriate referrals.
- Responds to subpoenas and provide fact and expert testimony when requested.
- Maintains and updates case files, case lists, video logbook and statistical tracking.
- Participates in supervision, professional development, research, peer review, and on-going training activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.