Posting Note: Great opportunity to be a Nurse Coordinator in our CCBD unit. Work with a dynamite team of nurses who provide the best care to our kiddos and their families. You will be helping these children receive the treatments they need to live a healthy life. And, the best part of this job - other than the patients, and your team, is you will NOT be working evenings, weekends or holidays!!! So if you are ready to move away from bedside, but still want to provide great care to patients, this is the job for you!! Hurry, only one position left!
This position coordinates the patient care services, workflow, and activities provided by nursing and support staff of assigned program. This position provides guidance, support, and direction to staff to ensure consistent provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory, and professional standards and requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Acts as a communication liaison between patient, family, and interdisciplinary team by providing teaching and support to recognize limitations and strengths within the patient/family system.
- Assists with identification of staff and community learning needs from a group and individual perspective. Provides staff and community education on new skills, equipment, policies, protocols, and/or guidelines.
- Identifies and acts upon potential risks, investigates and documents follow-up on significant incidents, and involves appropriate resource(s) to ensure timely resolution and implementation of corrective measures in accordance with professional, regulatory, and governmental agencies and standards.
- Maintains appropriate records to facilitate accurate data collection and prepares required grant reports.
- Manages the daily operations of a program. Ensures clinic and program effectiveness. Develops, implements, and monitors plans for ensuring the highest quality of care.
- Provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality and developmentally appropriate patient care.
- Regularly reviews research-based literature to improve clinical care for specific clinical populations as well as compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Serves as a clinical role model, patient advocate, and resource to staff, patients, and families. Shares knowledge and skills of specialty area to assist problem solve collaboratively. Maintains skill and knowledge proficiency and competency within specialty area.
- Works collaboratively with unit leadership to provide guidance and direction to staff by taking an active role in planning, decision-making, and communication to healthcare team of issues affecting the interdisciplinary team and integration of patient care activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.