Care Navigator - PCMG
Care coordination is the deliberate organization of patient care activities to facilitate the appropriate delivery of health care services. This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs a variety of administrative duties in order help patients and families receive efficient, effective and customer-service focused navigation of the healthcare system.
Care Management Support
- a) Verifies insurance eligibility as needed and performs validation checks to ensure accurate contact information.
- b) Verifies demographic information for the purposes of coordinating communication.
- c) Meets with patients/caregivers during clinic appointments, documents in electronic medical record, coordinates time with the family for completion of patient forms and provides updates to the licensed health care provider.
- d) Executes administrative portions of care coordination under the direction of the licensed health care professional and in cooperation with the health care multidisciplinary team.
- e) Obtains medical records such as outside films, charts, pathology and other historical data as needed.
- f) Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing written patient education or resources as directed by the licensed health care provider, communicating patient/caregiver needs or barriers to health care multidisciplinary team, facilitating phone/fax/email communication as indicated to expedite tasks, re-scheduling or coordinating follow-up appointments to attempt trip reduction for family, verifying readiness of prescribed medications at outpatient pharmacy, and communicating surgical readiness and plan with family and health care team.
- g) Logs all encounters with and about patients in the electronic medical record.
- h) Escalates barriers to implementing the care plan to the licensed health care provider and health care team.
Program and Population Support
- a) Manages data collection and entry.
- b) Maintains databases.
- c) Coordinates new patient referrals.
- d) Assists with marketing program services and recruitment.
- e) Assists with recruitment and on boarding of new team members.
- f) Assists with administration of survey tools to patients/families, providers, and care management associates.
- g) Maintains accurate department records.
- h) Identifies and provides input to enhance effectiveness of systems and processes.
- a) Communicates clearly in both written and verbal communications with all internal and external customers.
- b) Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all internal and external customers.
- c) Collaborates with others to acquire information and materials.
- d) Answers telephone calls, takes messages, maintains schedules.
- e) Responds to email within 24 hours or one business day.
- f) Assists with coordination and scheduling of procedures, clinic visits, and other activities as directed by licensed health care provider.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable