Posting Note: *This is REMOTE position but must be local for on-site training.*
This position is responsible for the coordination and management of the physician schedules for office based procedures, outpatient surgery, laboratory, radiology, and inpatient services. The position works with systems, physicians and team members to appropriately schedule complex services. This position can act as a scheduler as back-up and secures authorization for upcoming complex services.
- Coordinates the scheduling of procedures and works with ancillary departments while simultaneously synchronizing services with families.
- Facilitates the timely completion of scheduling requests from community and employed physicians with the use of PCH internal referral management systems. Requests medical records as needed for completion of services.
- Acts as a back up to division/department based schedulers which includes telephone, referral and appointment management of schedules. This position understands how to modify, correct, cancel and overbook appointments if required.
- Works closely with clinical staff for multi-disciplinary visit and procedures coordination
- Serves as liaison between hospital scheduling departments and the authorization department to secure authorization prior to medical services.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable