This position`s primary purpose is to oversee ambulatory scheduling staff. This position reports to the Central Scheduling Supervisor. Position will also schedule patient appointments in various divisions, utilizing appropriate scheduling systems and software, according to procedure type, utilizing knowledge of provider protocols, privileges, and block time when appropriate. Collects and enters pertinent patient data. This position also initiates the billing processes by collecting and entering pertinent insurance information.
- This position oversees assigned outpatient schedulers and procedure schedulers working directly and collaboratively with manager, supervisors and staff to provide a high-level of satisfaction with patients and families utilizing PCH services.
Handles Scheduling Calls & Schedules Appointments
- Answers telephones, live chat and web messages in a timely and professional manner according to identified best practices in customer service and guidelines set by department. Schedules patient appointments for various modalities, cancel appointments and/or reschedules as necessary, and corrects or modifies discrepancies in scheduling.
- Works directly and collaboratively with manager, supervisors and staff to provide best practice for processing referrals and orders to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Proactively researches and creates training materials related to scheduling of appointments to include changes to hospital-system, best practice in process of scheduling for accuracy, efficiency and overall patient, provider and staff satisfaction.
Maintains Proficiencies/Seeks Education
- Participates in a variety of unit, hospital and/or outside agency education, when approved, programs to maintain and enhance current skills and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable