Business Systems Analyst II
Posting Note: Must have experience with Patient/Safety and Med Staff Credentialing Systems. Examples: RISE, Clearsight, Riskonnect, Midas, IntelliCred, Origami Risk, CredentialStream or RL solutions. Salesforce reporting, PowerBI, or Tableau programming a plus. Remote position but must live locally to come into the office if needed.
The Business Systems Analyst II provides primary software configuration for implemented production and non-production applications. Core responsibilities include business and systems analysis and implementation of new or upgraded systems, serves as an added level of support for Business Systems Analysts I and Interns, and works existing open incidents and applies skills to more complex problem solving.
With general guidance, this position is responsible for implementing system solutions across multiple departments and serves in key technical roles throughout the vendor-supplied software life cycle.
- Identifies, evaluates, tailors, and directs the implementation of vendor-supplied software packages.
- Identifies system constraints or gaps in business requirements and effectively communicate issues/risks to the project manager in a timely manner.
- Documents and executes an integrated test plan and a user acceptance test plan.
Analyzes business requirements and develops design specifications and test plans to meet business requirements.
- Assess release scope and business requirement deliverables to identify system impacts and estimate level of effort.
- Translates business requirements into technical design and maintains comprehensive technical documentation.
Configures software to meet design specifications and develops implementation plans for vendor provided software.
- Complies with, and contributes to, system configuration standards and guidelines.
- Gathers, standardizes and enters or imports all necessary or requested data into the system.
- Configures and unit tests the system as specified in the business and technical requirements to meet configuration criteria according to schedule.
Second tier application support.
- Acts as liaison with operations community to ensure continuing responsiveness of applicable system software user requirements.
- Ensures the maintenance of adequate software systems documentation.
- Provides technical assistance and training to users of systems, with little or no instruction or mentoring.
- Able to come on campus during off-shift hours and provide after hours call support required.
- Works collaboratively with vendors and colleagues to analyze problems and propose recommended solutions that meet both business and technical needs.
- Maintains status of tasks, defects, issues, and support requests on a daily basis in each respective tool.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable