Physical Therapist - Sports PT
Posting Note: This is an outpatient position located in Gilbert. Monday - Friday. Sign on and relocation available.
This position provides outpatient orthopedic & sports physical therapy services primarily to a pediatric population from school age through adolescence/young adulthood. The applicant should be adept and comfortable independently managing the complete continuum of professional services from patient access to appropriate coding and billing practices according to legal/ethical guidelines and hospital policy. Performs evaluations, program planning, and treatment of patients using exercise, neuromuscular reeducation, joint and soft tissue mobilization, taping, electrical stimulation, thermal modalities, etc. specific to age, athletic activity, and developmental/functional level determined by assessment. This position will demonstrate an understanding of billing and coding practices as appropriate for professional outpatient services and its revenue cycle.
Evaluates and treats patients with a wide range of sports injury and orthopedic related diagnoses including but not limited to: musculoskeletal injuries, overuse syndromes, neurologic insults, and trauma. Possesses skills to apply evidence-based, age and sport appropriate principals to all aspects of care including but not limited to:
- Demonstrates knowledge of typical development as it relates to athletic activity, whether competitive or recreational, both team and individual.
- Uses pediatric and athletic activity-based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age/ability of the child, using a framework of family-centered care.
- Establishes treatment plans with functional/measurable goals and target time frames. Obtains mutual agreement upon discussion with family/guardian.
- Implements patient’s plan of care using treatment modalities including but not limited to: exercise, neuromuscular re-education, joint and soft tissue mobilization, taping, electrical stimulation, thermal modalities as prescribed by a physician. This may include recommendations for dynamic bracing/orthotics to maximize function.
- Performs patient/family teaching for maximizing function and return to activity/sport within the home/community and implementation of home program.
- Provides care as outlined in the Standards of Care section of the APTA and PCH Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation in compliance with Joint Commission, state/federal guidelines, and CARF standards, including participation in Total Quality Management.
- Organizes, coordinates, and collaborates with other disciplines within PCH and resources within the community in order to maximize value and effectiveness of plan of care. Participates in and contributes to discharge planning, care conferences, sport re-entry, patient and family education, and outpatient rounds.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the department, PCH, and community, while professionally interacting with physicians, families, and hospital/community personnel. This includes preparation and participation in in-service training programs. Supervises and directs rehab technician and/or students, providing input into their performance evaluations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable