Posting Note: This position will oversee our Hem/Onc, Inpatient Rehab, and our Vascular Acces Units/Departments.
The Director of Nursing Services is responsible for providing strategic leadership and operational management of multiple departments and/or locations. This position is also focused on service line strategies and programs. The position assumes responsibility for financial oversight, positive customer experience, performance management, process improvement, planning and directing departmental/unit leaders and staff. The director designs and evaluates standards of practice, regulatory compliance, systems, and processes to optimize care excellence in an efficient, effective manner while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- a. Develops operational plans, initiatives, budgets and programs that support patient care strategies at the enterprise and operational unit levels.
- b. Manages and meets throughput and productivity metrics and variances for staff and programs assigned.
- c. Ensures capital planning for the departments and maintains 3 year plan.
- d. Manages and meets operational budgets/targets.
- e. Partners with legal and finance to assure that PCH obtains most optimal contracts terms.
- f. Works in partnership with finance to assure that patient billing is captured.
Human Resource Management
- a. Develops and manages performance trends and staffing plans to meet patient care volumes.
- b. Manages human resources within the scope of labor laws and hospital policies.
- c. Applies recruitment techniques and strategies to fill leader and staff vacancies.
- d. Applies individual and team interview techniques to select qualified applicants.
- e. Oversees development and evaluates onboarding process and content for leaders and staff.
- f. Conducts manager and staff evaluations, assists leaders and staff with setting goals, implements continual performance development and initiates corrective action as needed.
- g. Ensures a Just Culture environment.
- a. Collaborates with Quality and Enterprise Services to assure care is patient-centered and evidenced based and ensures standardization across multiple departments.
- b. Facilitates and maintains strong external relationships in order to monitor national and local trends and identify best practice metrics.
- c. Monitors effectiveness of customer service strategies and partners with unit leadership to implement improvements.
- d. Monitor and address customer service issues directly related to care.
- e. Directs and manages daily operations to ensure patient care meets professional and regulatory standards.
- f. Leads efforts to improve quality across the service line and leads efforts for survey readiness.
- a. In partnership with other leaders and physicians, develops, implements and/or leads key initiatives to provide high quality patient care.
- b. Accountable for strategic goals and project outcomes.
- c. Contributes to a culture of innovation to drive change and improvement.
- d. Monitors and assesses that all services in place meet the needs of our diverse patient population.
- e. Participates in strategy discussions related to growth and expansion and leads efforts on expansions and renovations.
Leadership and Training
- a. Provides oversight of leadership and technical direction to managers, clinical supervisors, and staff.
- b. Leads departmental and enterprise change management efforts.
- c. Acts as the key leader in coaching and training.
- d. Anticipates the needs of department to ensure services are in place to attain optimal outcomes.
- e. Ensures staff competencies are completed per Regulatory requirements.
Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- a. Develops relationships across the enterprise necessary to communicate and carry out nursing and organizational strategies and operational plans.
- b. Collaborates and manages relationships with senior executives and operations staff.
- c. Identifies issues that require immediate attention and applies principles of crisis management to handle situations as needed.
- d. Influences other leaders by role modeling good communication and professional behavior. Applies motivational theory and acts as a change agent. Assists others with problem solving skills.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.