Posting Note: The Business Development Specialist will focus on outreach to businesses to secure new meetings for the Corporate Development team at Phoenix Children’s Foundation. This role is responsible for generating a continuous pipeline of meetings and warm leads with a sales background and hunter mindset to help secure new partners and raise funds for the Hospital. In addition to managing a comprehensive lead list (General Market, East Valley, West Valley and Premier Partner leads) this position will collaborate closely with the Development and Research team. The ability to connect with decision makers through strong communication, organization and follow-up is key. This is a unique, mission-centric sales role and an ideal opportunity to make a difference for patients and families while engaging with business leaders. Three to five years of sales, fundraising or account management experience required.
Working in close collaboration with leadership, the Specialist II develops and implements many aspects of multiple programs that align with the hospital’s mission and support the Foundation’s goals. Working independently, the Specialist II may be in charge of overseeing program/project execution that could include staffing, volunteers, budget and fundraising goals from start to finish. This position may also be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community. Position may have direct and/or indirect oversight of lower-level staff members and/or volunteers.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Program Development: Assists in the development of fully-fledged programs complete with policies, procedures and techniques.
- Allocate Resources: Allocates a specific amount of resources for each program while avoiding the depletion of resources as well as the degradation of quality.
- Staff Oversight: Responsible for training, assisting and collaborating with staff members who are involved in one or more programs. Indirect and/or direct supervision must facilitate communication, aid organization, coordinate objectives and ensure that standards are met.
- Manage Budgets: Creates and analyzes budgets for each program in order to minimize unnecessary expenditures, including complex budgetary planning and forecasting.
- Process Documentation: Manages the tracking of deliverables, monitoring progress and translating data towards future growth projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.