CAT Scan Technologist
Posting Note: This position will be a multi-modality tech position. We are looking specifically for someone who is registered in CT, X-ray, and MRI (or working towards their MRI credential). The position itself will be a full time, float position. Hours and days will vary depending on department need and will be discussed further during interview
This position performs diagnostic computerized tomography scanning procedures to produce consistently high quality examinations in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements.
- This position receives supervision of work activities from the Mgr, Radiology and this position does not supervise any other position.
- Assists in training of imaging students as needed. Provide CT safety lectures to all hospital staff members as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or development of new procedures, protocols for imaging sequences, and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Performs diagnostic computerized tomography scanning procedures and exams. Determines proper techniques and positioning to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures.
- Performs finalizing functions, including, but not limited to, limited coding using radiology information system (RIS) to provide for timely and accurate patient information and charge capture. Archives records in accordance with Radiologist specifications.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Provides CT safety information and lectures to patients and families to ensure thorough understanding of procedure protocols.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable