Posting Note: Phoenix Children's is seeking BC/BE fellowship trained pediatric otolaryngologists to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a young division in which every member takes pride in knowing that they help us to deliver exceptional family focused, equitable and accessible services to a diverse pediatric population. Arizona and the greater phoenix area specifically is experiencing tremendous growth and our division is the major tertiary center in region for pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery problems. This has led to the need for continued expansion of our team. In addition to clinical care, the successful applicant will also have the opportunity to advance the field with clinical or basic science research endeavors and to help guide the education of the next generation of providers with teaching opportunities involving residents and medical students from three local institutions. We are the pediatric arm for the Mayo Clinic Arizona Otolaryngology Residency program and we have academic affiliations with Mayo Clinic Medical School, University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix and Creighton University Medical School. Phoenix Children's has been repeatedly recognized as a top children’s hospital by US News and World Report and is already one of the five largest children’s hospitals in the U.S. with significant ongoing expansion. In 2023 Phoenix Children’s will be opening a 2nd hospital in the east valley and in 2024 our 3rd hospital will be opening in the west valley. Each of these new hospitals will include more than 100 inpatient beds, 6 operating rooms, and 2 procedure rooms. This position offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including employer retirement contribution, generous vacation/meeting time, CME funds, health and dental benefits, disability, and life insurance. The Greater Phoenix Area is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the United States, with the desirable combination of a strong economy and high quality of life. Phoenix has the most land dedicated to parks and preserves of any other major city in the nation. Due to its natural environment and climate, outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy walking, running, hiking, biking, golfing, or other outdoor activities year-round. In addition, Phoenix offers outstanding theater, museum, shopping, dining, and top-ranked public and private and charter schooling options
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.