This position performs basic histological testing according to clearly prescribed procedures and laboratory techniques or developmental methods. This position receives general supervision of work activities from the department supervisor and does not supervise any other position.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- General histology functions - works in conjunction with senior histology staff to perform small tissue grossing, tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, routine H&E staining, coverslipping.
- Performs regular instrument maintenance in accordance with established instructions; identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations.
- Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Assembles and delivers patient case slides and reports to pathologists.
- Files and maintains storage of tissues blocks, glass slides, tissue controls.
- Assists peers with work assignments as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.