This position leads operationalizing and supporting essential departmental systems and solutions resources throughout all areas of Pharmacy Services. As a leader within the pharmacy, this individual is responsible for working with other pharmacy leaders to prioritize, plan and appropriately allocate resources needed to meet key department information systems and technology initiatives. This role works collaboratively with PCH Information Technology leaders to coordinate and communicate joint efforts to align strategies and execution tactics. This leader supervises and directs pharmacy staff who assist with the ongoing maintenance and optimization of departmental systems and solutions that support operations and patient care. The Pharmacy Systems and Solutions Manager reports directly to the Vice President Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with Information Technology to support the ongoing evaluation, development, implementation, maintenance and optimization of all pharmacy systems and solutions to support the needs of the department.
- In collaboration with other department and organization leaders, develops and executes strategies that align shared goals and promote positive clinical and operational outcomes.
- Supervises and mentors a team of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other support staff that support the day-to-day systems and solutions for the department.
- Along with other pharmacy leaders, develops and supports departmental data analysis to produce key performance metrics to promote ongoing financial, compliance, operational and clinical progress.
- Proactively prioritizes pharmacy informatics and technology initiatives in a way that supports successful implementation and optimization throughout all pharmacy environments.
- Collaborates with institutional informatics and technology leaders to communicate all pharmacy needs and priorities to ensure proper resources are efficiently allocated.
- Interacts with outside vendors to develop and encourage positive relationships while ensuring the needs of the department and the organization continue to be met by each vendor.
- Oversees the development of educational materials for pharmacy employees related to the teaching and training of new and existing systems and solutions utilized within the department.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.