The role of a Level I Help Desk Analyst is to provide IT related support utilizing phone, chat, email, or the ticketing system to communicate with our internal Phoenix Children’s staff. The Level I Analyst tasks entail, but are not limited to the following: systematically triaging/resolving computer hardware, applications, networks, operating systems, and other Phoenix Children’s network supported peripherals. The analyst is expected to capture customer and reported issue details during in-take before escalating and handing off to Tier II support. This position will report to the IT Manager of Customer Service.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issue using troubleshooting skills.
- Provides complete and accurate information for all tickets entered into the Service Desk software to include proper prioritization and categorization.
- Researches issues using available information resources.
- Performs continuous Ticket Triage and Routing.
- Coordinates escalation of tickets internally, to other teams, and vendors.
Customer Service Skills
- Answers and logs all requests for assistance in a timely, customer-focused, and professional manner using non-technical communication that end-users can understand.
- Follows IT and Hospital policies and procedures as they relate to information technology (access requests, hardware, software, etc.) and assists outside requests when necessary.
- Provides step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Follows through on user issues to completion.
- Must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours to include night and/or weekend shifts.
- Must be able to rotate and be flexible with their schedule.
- Reports potential organization security risk as applicable.
Demonstrate the following competencies as a Level I Help Desk Analyst
- Demonstrates how to reset an expired password for any core IT system.
- Documents workflows and walks peers/managers through processes.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills when facing challenging situations. (This will be validated by manager listening to call recordings)
- Walks through the process for answering a call, identifying a user, & documenting a ticket.
- Demonstrates ability to understand how to troubleshoot all PCH systems/equipment by using the system inventory listing.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.