Clinical Education Specialist
Posting Note: Phoenix Children's is hiring an Clinical Educator for our NICU unit! This position will be responsible for education needs for the NICU. In this role, you will be providing training for all new hires, annually review all staff competencies, provide monthly education training at staff meetings as needed. Incumbent will develop very strong relationships with department managers and supervisors to identify training needs for staff, as well as being involved in hiring decisions of internal/external staff. Incumbent must have experience working in the specialty area. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is able to understand the goals of the department, take the initiative to execute the plans with minimal direction. Incumbent will work with vendors to coordinate the presentation of new procedures or processes that will impact the care of the patients in the departments. This role will work closely with all levels of the NICU, as well as across organizational lines to determine the training needs, frequency and implementation of all current and future training needs. This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive educational plans and programs to address staff and departmental needs to ensure ongoing enhancement and improvement of staff skills, competencies, and professional growth in accordance with established standards, requirements, and regulations.
This position develops, implements, and evaluates proactive educational plans and programs to address staff and departmental needs to ensure ongoing enhancement and improvement of staff skills, competencies, and professional growth in accordance with established standards, requirements, and regulations.
- Collaborates with colleagues within the educational department to support the departmental strategic plan and ongoing institutional growth.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and departments as a change agent and participates in the evaluation of outcomes.
- Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which support the philosophy and values of Phoenix Children's Hospital and nursing and the professional development of staff.
- Participates in dissemination of knowledge via podium, poster presentations, publication submission, and/or other forms of scholarly information exchange.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Role-models, mentors, and promotes professional growth within the department, hospitalwide and/or within the community.
- Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to enhance own professional growth and development.
- Supports others in Evidence-Based Practice/Research Projects from initial planning through presentations or publications.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable