This position performs a variety of inventory, supply-stocking, and disbursement functions for surgical areas to provide for the continuous availability of items for efficient department operations. This position is also responsible for first level troubleshooting of all OR equipment, lights, and booms. Serves as the liaison to Biomedical Engineering regarding proactive maintenance of all equipment and tracking the follow up on open issues and maintenance. This position works closely with circulator, Surgical Technicians, and Proceduralists during cases to assure accurate image and video capture and storage.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Coordinates inventory management for Perioperative services
- Receives incoming inventory items, places in correct bin and shelf locations, and confirms units of measure and appropriate dispensing units.
- Reviews expiration dates and pulls expired items in accordance to established standards of customer service.
Assists the RN leads and Periop Business Director on capital budget planning and purchase process
- Obtain quotes that assure accuracy for future budget forecasting
- Assists in completing purchase order summaries
- Track past, current and future capital purchases for the department.
Troubleshoots surgical equipment
- Assists staff in equipment set up for cases, including Storz Integration System, laparoscopic cameras and scopes, video recording and printing, microscopes, OR equipment, surgical tables, and any new medical or surgical equipment used for surgery cases.
Serves as the liaison to Biomedical engineering and outside vendors
- Maintains an accurate inventory, repair and maintenance history on all surgical equipment
- Completes work orders to Biomed and Facilities as needed.
Assists surgeons as needed for specialty cases
- Assists in data capture and storage
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.