The Business Analyst provides operational, strategic, and financial support for Perioperative Services. The Analyst will be responsible for data and analytic retrieval for all Perioperative locations. This to include Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, and future expansions. In addition, the Incumbent will develop and implement cost reduction strategies to meet Phoenix Children’s fiscal targets. Strong communication skills are required to work with physicians, colleagues, and those contacts outside the Perioperative Department. Computer and data analysis skills are critical, for developing reports to support data-based strategic planning. This position will directly support and report to the Director, Business Ops-Surg/Periop.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of the Director, Business Ops-Surg/Periop will conduct in-depth departmental data retrieval and analysis to support Perioperative Services, CHA, ACS certification, and other regulatory areas. Conduct analysis of new or proposed programs and develop business plans for short and long-term goals.
- Drive initiatives to improve process efficiencies while reducing costs through monthly review of operating budgets. Develop, recommend and facilitate cost containment measures. Aid in analysis of margin reports for Perioperative Services to identify areas for growth in alignment with Phoenix Children’s strategic initiatives. Serve as resource for providers.
- Review financial information to provide analysis and variance to Director. Collaborate with I.T. to accurately track volume, utilization, efficiency metrics, and reporting of pertinent statistics.
- Coordinate the Surgical Services revenue process. Annually, assists Director in preparation of budgets and projected volumes for all departments. Coordination of the rev cycle process including charge master updates, audits, and processing of daily charges.
- Establishes operating performance targets and metrics including analysis against targets and national benchmarks.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.