Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s is seeking an experienced Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to join one of the nation’s largest pediatric health systems. The position will have the opportunity to evolve the financial planning function to meet the rapid growth of the organization. This is a highly visible position with frequent interaction with executive leadership. Responsibilities include leading the system-wide annual budgeting, multi-year strategic long range financial plan, pro forma preparation, financial analysis, and special projects that are key to the financial success of the organization. A successful candidate would be able to do the following: Build strong collaborative relationships with leaders throughout the organization; Optimize the newly implemented budgeting and planning system; Develop the strengths of the staff of 10+ individuals.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for the day to day operations of the FP&A department, including supervision of a team totaling 10+ staff members and functional responsibility over the annual operating budget, Pro forma preparation across the organization, and providing support to customers for all financial analysis needs. The Director of FP&A is responsible for the development and training of staff in order to provide consistent, timely, and accurate financial information. The Director provides crucial insight into business operations through analyses of operations and assisting in financial planning with senior and hospital leadership to achieve a higher level of performance.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Annual Operating Budget
- Leads the annual operating budget process for the organization. Responsible for a thorough review of current process and is expected to make recommendations for overall improvement and shortening of timeline. Effectively communicates to senior leadership throughout the process and successfully delivers a final budget, ready for CEO/CFO approval, by agree upon date
Financial Data Analysis
- Consistently analyzes financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; identifies, explains, and works with the appropriate parties to correct variances as appropriate. Clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational results; monitors progress and changes and keeps executive and senior leadership abreast of Phoenix Children`s financial plan and forecast.
Monthly Financial Forecast
- Assists in the development of monthly financial forecast and annual development of five year financial and capital planning processes. Reviews all financial plans and compares to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
Financial Analytic Support
- Provides financial analytical support to strategic planning efforts, including pro forma analyses, joint venture development, and program and service expansion activities. Provides physician acquisition and performance management reporting support to the medical group. Provides financial coordination and support for all merger and acquisition activities.
- Coordinates the preparation of various financial and operational management reports and analyses for use by senior and middle management on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Develops an environment of transparency in financial reporting and work product.
Physician Compensation Oversight
- Responsible for the physician compensation and incentive program for the organization. Administers the plan, calculates and organizes the payout for all physician/provider incentives across the organization. Acts as the coordinator between various business partners to ensure timely and accurate reporting of incentives and manages the annual physician compensation review and salary update process. Works directly with leadership for all Schedule B changes.
- Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes with minimal supervision, sets high performance standards, and delivers high quality services. Mentors finance team to leverage strengths and increase skill set. Develops and implements training to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals. Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization. Creates and promotes a positive and supportive work culture, which is forward facing with our customers.
- Develops, documents and implements departmental finance policies, procedures, and standards with the ultimate goal of providing consistent and accurate financial data and analysis.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.